Today, nearly every hospital, regardless of size, reputation or location is facing historic financial pressures and the challenges of moving to a value-based system. Revenues are down, expenses are up and COVID-19 continues to put frontline workers at risk.
Given these facts, why are so many hospitals investing in Cardiovascular Information System (CVIS) technology – especially in the wake of a pandemic? Short answer: ROI.
CVIS solutions can provide significant return on investment in several areas, including:
- Greater staff efficiencies.
- Potential for financial growth and recovery.
- Enhanced care collaboration and data sharing.
- Improved patient outcomes.
- Ability to access images, reports and data remotely.
While all of the above may be true, there is a caveat. Your return on investment can vary greatly based on the vendor and platform you choose.
Why VidiStar translates into greater ROI
VidiStar CVIS positively impacts nearly every aspect of what a cardiologist does on a day-to-day basis. The platform can be used to:
- View patient images from anywhere.
- Create sonographers’ preliminary reports.
- Autocalculate measurements and auto-populate reports.
- Complete final reports remotely.
- Update the EMR with images and reports.
- Communicate with referring physicians.
In addition, physicians can interpret exams over the web and deliver improved visualization and timely results with the extended care team anytime, anywhere.
"Having a cloud-based system was crucial for remote work during COVID shutdowns and has often been used to remotely manage patient care.”
--Rebekah Tomredle, Echo Lab Director, Sonographer
VidiStar also provides:
- High quality images. Transferring large datasets over a network can cause challenges for some vendors.
- Many applications do a progressive download. That means the image starts out blurry and valuable time is wasted waiting for the image to fully load.
- With VidiStar, a high-quality image is seen from the very beginning
- Patented data mining software: Enables health systems to systematically use data and analytics to identify inefficiencies and best practices that can help improve care and reduce costs.
- Increased reimbursement potential through:
- More complete, accurate reports.
- Simplified billing process.
- Reduced time to complete additional exams: 52% of sonographers* added two or more exams a day using VidiStar.
- Simplified accreditation: 67% of physicians* and 65% of sonographers* say VidiStar makes it easier to meet accreditation requirements.
“VidiStar has improved our quality and workflow. We have the ability to report, edit and sign off reports remotely. And the report has all the information including trending, which is very helpful.”
--Dr. Devyani Chowdhury, MD, Pediatric Cardiology
VidiStar helps healthcare facilities transform the way they manage medical images, which enhances collaboration with referring physicians and the entire care team. It also improves quality while reducing time and expenses:
- 74% of physicians* say VidiStar helps them save 1 to 9 hours a week.
- 52% of sonographers* added two or more exams a day using VidiStar.
“As a cardiologist, I know the importance of providing quality patient care in a cost-effective manner. We’ve been extremely pleased with our return on investment. Since installing VidiStar, we reduced our transcription costs, improved our efficiency and we believe it has helped us enhance patient care.”
--Dr. Tom Siachos, Cardiology Specialist
Before you choose a CVIS solution, learn more about why so many hospitals, cardiologists, sonographers and administrators choose VidiStar. Learn more here.
*Data based on respondents of Hitachi’s 2020 customer insights survey of 26 sonographers and 15 physicians using VidiStar.